Missing teenagers: Barmouth beach search called off
A search for two teenagers who went missing off the Gwynedd coast has been called off.
Waseem Al-Muflehi, 15, and Yahya Mohammed, 14, disappeared in the sea at Barmouth beach after getting into difficulty on Sunday afternoon.
They were part of a group of about 500 tourists from the Somali and Yemeni communities in Birmingham.
Coastguard teams resumed a shoreline search on foot on Tuesday, but the hunt was called off a short time later.
A crew from Criccieth carried out a search at low tide and while teams from Barmouth and Harlech will continue routine patrols, the active search has been halted.
A Coastguard spokeswoman said "an extensive air, land and sea search" had been "terminated, pending further information".
Emergency services were called to the beach on Sunday after a person was seen to "disappear under the water".
Zaid Hassan, chairman of the Yemeni Community Association in Birmingham, who helped organise the trip, said members of their group tried to rescue the boys but the wind and waves were too strong.
"We are shocked, it's a tragedy and for the families we are so upset," he previously said.