Steam engine George B on first journey for 50 years
A steam engine has completed its first journey in 50 years after being restored to full working order.
George B left on its first passenger trip from Llanuwchllyn station on the Bala Lake Railway in Gwynedd at 11:00 BST on Saturday.
It was built in 1898 and, originally named Wellington, was used for work at the Dinorwic Quarry.
It was privately purchased in 1965 before being withdrawn from service four years later for restoration.
Owner Alan White sought to restore George B, but due to his circumstances the work was not finished.
In 2003, Bala Lake Railway agreed to transfer George B to Llanwchllyn, where it was worked on with help from Mr White, his brother and a friend.