Labour holds Ogmore in by-election with 52% of the vote
Labour's Christopher Elmore has become the new MP for Ogmore after winning the Parliamentary by-election with 52% of the vote.
The poll was held as former Labour MP Huw Irranca-Davies stood down to run for - and win - the Welsh Assembly election in the same area, part of Bridgend county borough.
In the 2015 General Election, Labour won the seat with 52% of the vote and the Conservatives came second with 15%.
UKIP came second this time around.
- Chris Elmore (Welsh Labour) - 12,383
- Glenda Davies (UKIP Wales) - 3,808
- Abi Thomas (Plaid Cymru) - 3,683
- Alex Williams (Welsh Conservatives) - 2,956
- Janet Ellard (Welsh Liberal Democrats) - 702