South West Wales

Elderly woman rescued from kitchen fire in Llanelli

An elderly woman has been rescued by firefighters following a blaze in her kitchen.

Crews were called to Hendre Road in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, at 23:26 GMT on Monday, following reports of a fire in the ground floor of the two-storey property.

The woman received treatment in an ambulance, and a male neighbour was also treated for smoke inhalation.

One appliance from Llanelli and another from Pontarddulais attended the scene.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites