South West Wales

Men rescued as fire destroys flat at Swansea

Two elderly men were rescued by firefighters during a fire which gutted a neighbouring flat.

They were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following the incident at Carterford Place, Swansea, on Wednesday at 00:30 GMT.

Two fire engines and crews from Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service tackled the ground-floor fire.

A man from the flat fire needed treatment for smoke inhalation after escaping the property.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites