South West Wales

Escaping man rescued from flat fire in Milford Haven

Firefighters rescued a man from a fire in a flat in Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire as he escaped through a first-floor window.

The blaze started in the kitchen of the upstairs flat in Howarth Close shortly before 05:00 BST on Monday.

Two fire crews from Milford Haven attended.

Crews used an extending ladder to reach the window and the man was pulled to safety.

He was treated for the effects of smoke by paramedics but refused to go to hospital.

The blaze was extinguished by four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus using hosereel jets of water.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites