South West Wales

Angel Jade Keogh, 3, died from smoke inhalation

Angel Jade Keogh Image copyright Dyfed Powys Police
Image caption Angel died after she and her mother were rescued from the fire

A three-year-old girl who died after a fire broke out in her home died from smoke inhalation, an inquest has heard.

Angel Jade Keogh, from Carmarthen, died on 15 June, on the first anniversary of her brother Jake's cot death.

She was taken to Glangwili Hospital by police officers but was later transferred to the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff where she died.

The Coroner for Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire, Mark Layton, recorded a verdict of accidental death.

A pre-inquest review had been due to be held into Angel's death last week, but at the request of her parents on the day, the full inquest took place.

Angel and her mother, Alice Smith, had been rescued by firefighters after the fire tore through their house in Bryn Gorwel, while the girl's father jumped from a window.

Image copyright BBC news grab
Image caption The fire broke out in a house in Bryn Gorwel in Carmarthen on 15 June

Related Topics

More on this story