An Irish Sunday newspaper is to make 43 people redundant after attempts to find a buyer for the title failed.
The Sunday Tribune ceased publication on 1 February in an attempt to give the receiver, McStay Luby, four weeks to find a buyer.
However, it was announced on Wednesday that the paper will close.
Its 43 staff will be made redundant from next Monday.
Editor Nóirín Hegarty said it was a "sad day for indigenous journalism".
The company went into receivership after 29.9% shareholder Independent News and Media said it would no longer fund the business.
It agreed to continue to pay employees for the month of February, while attempts to find a buyer were made.
McStay Luby said there had been a small number of inquiries about buying the business but no definite offers had been received.
It is understood staff are only receiving statutory redundancy.
Ms Hegarty, who has been at the helm of the publication for the last six years, told the Irish Times: "We have great people here, really good journalists and that is the sad part of it.
"It is hard to see how a quality stand alone newspaper can essentially make do in the present environment. The competition is intense."