Europe

Child taken to hospital after house fire

Scene of Sandycove fire
Image caption A fire broke out at Marine Parade in Sandycove

A child has been taken to hospital after suffering the effects of breathing in smoke following a house fire in Tallaght, County Dublin.

The blaze started in Grangeview Walk at about 04:20 GMT on Wednesday.

Three people were in the house at the time.

Elsewhere, firefighters attended a large fire that broke out at an apartment block at Marine Parade in Sandycove, Dublin, at about 01:20 GMT.

Four pump appliances, two aerial appliances and water tankers were used to put out the blaze.

No-one was injured.

Dublin Fire Brigade said it was a busy night for fire and ambulance services.