- Crimean parliament asks to join Russia and plans referendum for 16 March on endorsing the move
- EU and US leaders join Ukraine's government in condemning move "as illegal"
- EU suspends visa and economic talks with Russia and threatens sanctions at emergency summit
- US imposes visa restrictions on people who "threaten the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine"
- Pro-Russian forces remain in control of Crimea, where stand-off continues with Ukrainian troops blockaded in bases
- All times GMT
- Sarah Fowler
- Patrick Jackson
- Richard Irvine-Brown
- Lucy Fleming
- Alastair Lawson
Last updated 6 March 2014Share
Updates for this Live Event are currently disabled.