Isle Of Man / Ellan Vannin

Three taken to hospital after Manx hotel chemical leak

Three people have been taken to hospital after a "chemical spillage" in a swimming pool at an island hotel.

The Manx Fire and Rescue Service said crews attended an incident at the Mount Murray at about 08:00 BST on Tuesday.

It happened in the leisure area of the hotel and, according to a spokesman, involved a mix-up in a routine chemical preparation for the swimming pool.

He added that three people were taken to Noble's hospital "suffering from the effects of chlorine gas inhalation".

None of the injuries were serious.

"The area was made safe and ventilated before members of the public were allowed back into the area," continued the fire spokesman.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites