Children hospitalised after swallowing 'unknown substance'
Three children, aged 11 and 12, are being treated in hospital on the Isle of Man after they swallowed an "unknown substance".
Emergency services were called to an area near The Bowl at the National Sports Centre in Douglas shortly after 14:30 BST on Thursday following concerns for the welfare of a child.
Tests are being carried out to identify the substance involved, police said.
The children are in a stable condition in Noble's Hospital.
Insp Juan Kinley said: "There has been much speculation and rumour as to the condition of the children on social media which is incorrect.
"I can confirm that three young children remain in Noble's Hospital in a stable condition receiving medical treatment."
It is believed the substance was found by the children earlier in the day in Douglas town centre, he added.