A float caught fire as it was being prepared for an annual parade in Jersey.
St Lawrence seniors were testing their lights for Friday evening's Battle of Flowers moonlight parade when the timber frame caught fire.
The fire service said exhaust fumes from the lighting generator caused the fire.
The float will still take part in the parade.
People from nearby floats helped put the fire out with extinguishers.
The Battle of Flowers regularly attracts about 30,000 people each year.
It was first held in 1902 as a celebration for the coronation of Edward VII.