Fire breaks out in Jersey apartment block

Fire at Discovery Bay apartments. Pic: Jersey Fire and Rescue Service
Image caption Fire crews were at the Discovery Bay apartments for three hours

Six fire crews have extinguished a fire in the reception area of an apartment block in Jersey.

Crews were called to the Discovery Bay apartments in St Peter at about 0100 BST.

The fire is thought to have started in an electrical cupboard before spreading through the reception area and into the ceiling, the fire service said.

All residents were evacuated from the building and no-one was injured. Fire crews were on site for three hours.

Electrical engineers from the Jersey Electricity Company were also called to the scene to isolate the building's power supplies.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites