Saturday's gossip column - transfers and rumours

Gossip logo

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Chelsea and Manchester City are leading the chase for one of Europe's top prospects after making repeated checks on Benfica's £24m-rated striker Nelson Oliveira, 20, who is currently impressing on loan with Spanish side Deportivo La Coruna.

Full story: Daily Mail

Manchester City hope to use new chief executive Ferran Soriano's knowledge of Barcelona to tie up deals for highly rated winger Cristian Tello, 21, midfielder Sergi Roberto, 20, and winger Gerard Deulofeu, 18.

Full story: talkSPORT

Emile Heskey - available on a free since he left Aston Villa at the end of last season - is wanted by Conference side Macclesfield, who believe the former Liverpool and England striker, 34, can fire them back into the Football League.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Fulham are lining up a move for Standard Liege goalkeeper Sinan Bolat, 24, to replace veteran Mark Schwarzer, 39.

Full story: talkSPORT

Emile Heskey
Emile Heskey won 62 England caps, his last in June 2010, and scored seven goals for his country

Midfielder David Meyler, 23, will stay at Sunderland after manager Martin O'Neill decided against sending him on loan to Hull.

Full Story: Sunderland Echo

Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho has told all of the suitors for Cristiano Ronaldo "to forget" about signing the forward despite the 27-year-old previously stating he is "sad" at the Bernabeu.

Full story: the Sun

Everton may look to add to their options in central midfield by bringing in free agent Thomas Hitzlsperger, 30. The former-Aston Villa player was released by Bundesliga side Wolfsburg at the end of last season.

Full story: Daily Express

OTHER GOSSIP

QPR will refuse to order defender Anton Ferdinand to shake hands with all of the Chelsea players, despite the Premier League ruling that the pre-match ritual goes ahead. Ferdinand, 27, has pledged not to follow the protocol with John Terry, 31, or Ashley Cole, 31, in their first meeting since Chelsea captain Terry was cleared in court of racially abusing him.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Former Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp, 65, says he still has plenty to offer and is as passionate about the game now as he was 20 years ago. "It's like Fergie," he says. "Get me and him together and we'll be talking about the good job Micky Mellon's doing at Fleetwood Town."

Full story: The Times (subscription required)

Aston Villa striker Darren Bent, 28, says he wants to make himself "impossible to ignore" this season and prove he can still be part of Roy Hodgson's new England era.

Full story: Daily Telegraph

Victor Moses
Victor Moses scored eight goals in 74 Premier League appearances for Wigan

Chelsea's Nigerian winger Victor Moses was 11 when his parents were killed in religious riots, but says "Wherever they are at the moment, they should be proud of me."

Full story: Guardian

Former Everton manager Howard Kendall has warned Marouane Fellaini, 24, to watch his words in future after the midfielder declared he could leave in Goodison Park in January.

Full story: Liverpool Echo

Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill, speaking ahead of Liverpool's visit to the Stadium of Light, says he is surprised that Brendan Rodgers, 39, consented to the new fly-on-the-wall documentary about life at Anfield which will be broadcast on Channel 5 this month.

Full story: Guardian

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew, 51, says he has no regrets about the club's lack of transfer activity in the summer.

Full story: The Journal

Winger Nani, 25, is expected to be given a chance to re-ignite his Manchester United career with a start against Wigan Athletic on Saturday following weeks of rumours about his future.

Full story: Manchester Evening News

AND FINALLY

Swansea City's Premier League success is seeing more tourists flock to South Wales from the Far East.

Full story: South Wales Evening Post

Top Stories