Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is rumoured to be resigned to losing Gareth Bale in the summer, with Real Madrid told they can buy the 23-year-old Welsh winger for £55m.
Manchester City are privately discussing how much money they would receive if they sold controversial striker Mario Balotelli, 22, despite public statements to the contrary about his future.
Crystal Palace have told Manchester United that if they want to sign England winger Wilfried Zaha, 20, they will have to pay £15m including add-ons and allow him to stay with his current side for the rest of the campaign.
Liverpool are planning to hijack Galatasaray's move for 28-year-old Netherlands and Inter Milan playmaker Wesley Sneijder.
Meanwhile, Galatasaray do not have the funds to meet Sneijder's 'astronomical and absurd' transfer fee, according to the vice-president of their Turkish rivals Fenerbahce, Abdullah Kigili.
Atletico Madrid are preparing a cut-price move for their former striker Fernando Torres, 28, who moved to Chelsea from Liverpool for £50m and is contracted until 2016 but could return to Spain, initially on loan for the rest of the season.
Newcastle have had a bid accepted for Marseille striker and QPR target Loic Remy, 26.
Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp and chief scout Ian Broomfield travelled to France on Saturday night to watch defensive midfielder Yann M'Vila, 22, in action for Rennes against Bordeaux.
Rennes manager Frederic Antonetti has strongly hinted that QPR are in the market for controversial France international M'Vila after he said: "The bottom club in England want to sign one of our best players."
Chelsea have bid £8.3m for Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas, 25, but his club are trying to convince him to hold off on making a move until the summer.
Aston Villa are to refuse to sell £24m club record signing Darren Bent to any of their relegation rivals. The 28-year-old striker has featured in only 10 Premier League games this season due to injury and manager Paul Lambert's preference for fellow centre forward Christian Benteke, 22.
England left-back Ashley Cole, 32, wants to stay in the Premier League after his Chelsea contract expires in the summer and will hold talks with Premier League leaders Manchester United.
Stoke manager Tony Pulis could be tempted to bring in overseas loan replacements for striker Kenwyne Jones, 28, and winger Jermaine Pennant, 29, if he decides to sell the pair in the current transfer window.
Swansea have been linked with a move for 25-year-old Belgian international winger Roland Lamah, who has 18 months of his contract to run at Osasuna.
West Ham boss Sam Allardyce admits he needs defensive reinforcements following Saturday's 3-0 defeat at Sunderland.
Former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola is thought to prefer a summer move to Manchester City ahead of Manchester United or Chelsea.
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson will chair a secret two-day League Managers' Association seminar which will be attended by Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho and ex-Barcelona boss Guardiola.
Tottenham's new signing Lewis Holtby, the 22-year-old half English half German midfielder who will join them at the end of the season, says he chose Spurs because he believes they can win the Premier League.
Arsene Wenger believes former Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas will return to play for the Gunners.
Manchester City plan to open talks with Carlos Tevez, 28, in a bid to prevent the striker walking away from the club for nothing in 18 months' time when his current contract expires.
Nigel Reo-Coker, 28, has chosen to leave Ipswich after the Championship side elected to only offer him a new deal until the end of the season.
Fabio Capello has made a peace deal with the Football Association that will mean he takes part in the organisation's 150th anniversary celebrations on Wednesday, despite his lingering grievances after walking out as England manager last year over the John Terry affair.
Stoke fans were left red-faced after they teased Chelsea manager Rafa Benitez with a P45 poster - only for the Spaniard to then mastermind a 4-0 win over them.
New Wolves manager Dean Saunders has implemented dietary rules on his players, insisting they have no more takeaways or fast food.