QPR chairman Tony Fernandes will order a major clear-out at Loftus Road this summer with midfielder Adel Taarabt, 23, likely to be the biggest sale.
Tottenham are among a group of Premier League clubs that would consider triggering Loic Remy's £8m escape clause if QPR are relegated. The 26-year-old French striker has scored five goals in seven starts since joining from Marseille in January.
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney will not leave Old Trafford for Paris St-Germain this summer, according to team-mate Federico Macheda. The French side are said to be monitoring Rooney's situation after the 27-year-old England forward was left out of last month's Champions League defeat by Real Madrid.
Sporting Lisbon's Diego Capel, 25, is being targeted by Liverpool but the Anfield club will face competition from Marseille for the £10m-rated Spanish winger.
Inter Milan have moved ahead of Arsenal and Newcastle in the race to sign Saint-Etienne striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Inter have submitted an £8.5m offer for the 23-year-old Gabon forward.
Fulham could make a £4m move for Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, 25, who has been linked with a summer switch to Manchester United.
Stoke are set to make an offer for 24-year-old PSV Eindhoven left-back Erik Pieters in the summer.
Brighton could sign Reading striker Noel Hunt, 30, on a free transfer this summer. The Republic of Ireland striker has only been offered a one-year extension to his current deal, which expires at the end of the season.
Crewe manager Steve Davis expects to lose midfielder Luke Murphy, 23, this summer and rates him as a better prospect than Ashley Westwood, who left the Alex for Aston Villa in August last year.
Midfielder Jermaine Jenas, 30, insists he will not quit QPR — even if they go down.
Striker Clint Dempsey, 30, has admitted Tottenham are battling their own nerves as well as their rivals for a top-four finish.
Christian Benteke is set to open contract talks with Aston Villa and will remain at the club as long as they stay in the Premier League. The Belgium striker, 22, has scored 19 goals since joining from Genk in August and has been linked with Tottenham, Liverpool and Arsenal.
Midfielder John Mikel Obi, 25, has dismissed Chelsea's current campaign in the Europa League as "Thursday nights, Channel 5" and said he hoped the club would be "prime time" again next season by ensuring qualification for the Champions League.
French midfielder Alfred N'Diaye, 23, insists Sunderland have got their mojo back thanks to boss Paolo Di Canio.
Tottenham are putting their faith in the once controversial blood-spinning technique to speed up Gareth Bale's recovery from an ankle injury.
GLOBAL GOSSIP (sourced by BBC Monitoring)
Up to 50 Galatasaray fans tried to raid the offices of Turkey's Beyaz TV after pundits said that Real Madrid were favourites to progress to the next round after Tuesday's match.
Bayern Munich sporting director Matthias Sammer, 45, has challenged winger Franck Ribery, 30, to a press-up contest if the Bavarians win the Champions League. Sammer said: "I do not know if Franck will be able to handle the pressure."
Former West Ham, Aston Villa and Bolton midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker, 28, has taken his tough-tackling reputation all the way to the MLS. The Vancouver Whitecaps player caused a San Jose Earthquakes player to do a front somersault with a firm challenge.