BBC Sport's Christmas quiz 2014: Test your sporting knowledge
After another epic year of sport, it's time to see how much you can remember about 2014.
Here's 50 questions on the sporting year - with a sneak look ahead to 2015. Some are multiple choice. None are trick questions.
Answers are at the bottom. No peeking. Enjoy.
Going for gold
1. Who won Great Britain's only gold medal at the Winter Olympics in Sochi?
2. And who became GB's first gold medallist at the Winter Paralympics?
3. Who won the Golden Boot for being top scorer at the Fifa World Cup?
4. Which gymnast was the first Englishwoman to win four golds at a single Commonwealth Games since 1930?
5. Which Kenyan runner won the London Marathon in 2014, reclaiming the men's title he won in 2012?
6. Who won his first BDO World Darts title in January, switching to the rival PDC circuit less than a fortnight later?
7. Who won the first 10 MotoGP races of the season to equal the record for consecutive wins - but then failed to make the podium on the 11th?
8. Which two cyclists broke the hour world record in successive months?
9. Which goalkeeper made 15 saves in a Fifa World Cup match - the most since records began?
10. And who became the top scorer in the history of the Fifa World Cup finals?
11. Which India batsman scored 264 in a one-day international against Sri Lanka, the first time anyone has passed 250 in ODIs?
12. Giancarlo Stanton signed the most expensive deal in US sport, penning a $325m (£208m) 13-year contract with Miami in November. But does he play American football, baseball, basketball or ice hockey?
Hall of fame
13. Which jockey won the Grand National aboard Pineau De Re, having retired from the sport in 2007 and returned in 2009?
14. Who scored the most points (66) in rugby union's Six Nations and was one of only two players to score four tries in the tournament?
15. Who captained England at rugby league's Four Nations tournament down under?
16. Which two majors did golfer Rory McIlroy win in 2014?
17. Who won the Australian Open women's singles in January and then retired from tennis in September?
18. Who won the Scottish Cup and qualified for the Europa League for the third successive season?
19. Which British wheelchair racer won two gold medals on the opening day of the IPC Athletics European Championships, in the T53 100m and 400m?
20. Which two former Football League clubs returned to the League after an absence of five and nine years respectively?
Hall of shame
21. Which Wigan Warriors prop was sent off for throwing a punch after only two minutes of the Super League Grand Final against St Helens?
22. Who captained Yorkshire to cricket's County Championship title but was not allowed to collect the trophy as he was serving a suspension?
23. Which Formula 1 driver received the most race penalties (10) in 2014 and retired the most times because of technical failure (six) - Romain Grosjean, Esteban Gutierrez, Pastor Maldonado or Jean-Eric Vergne?
24. Which manager was sent off in the Champions League final after running onto the pitch in stoppage time to confront an opposing player?
25. Which Lions star's rugby union career ended when he was forced off injured after only eight minutes of the Pro12 Grand Final?
26. Which Italy defender was bitten by Uruguay's Luis Suarez at the Fifa World Cup?
27. What bizarre injury befell Romanian tennis player Monica Niculescu in the women's doubles at Wimbledon?
28. Which England footballer was injured at the World Cup and was the only outfield player in Roy Hodgson's 23-man squad not to feature at the tournament?
Do you remember the first time?
29. Which Fifa World Cup 'first' happened during the second-round match between the Netherlands and Mexico on 29 June?
30. In cricket, England awarded three new caps in each of their first two Tests of 2014. Can you name the six debutants?
31. And which two teams featured in the first women's Test match not to involve England or Australia since 2007?
32. Who were the six rookies at the 2014 Ryder Cup? (Clue: There were three Europeans and three Americans)
33. Who became the first Welsh woman to win a Commonwealth Games swimming gold for 40 years, in the 800m freestyle?
34. Who came from 10-5 down to beat Ronnie O'Sullivan 18-14 and claim his first World Snooker Championship title?
35. Which tennis nation won the Davis Cup for the first time, beating France in the final?
36. Who finally won their first Super Bowl in February, after 38 years in the NFL?
A year of memorable moments
37. Which famous song associated with Scotland did Usain Bolt dance along to on the track at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow? Da Ya Think I'm Sexy, I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles), Loch Lomond or Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
38. And staying with Glasgow 2014, what did Scottish cyclist Chris Pritchard do immediately after his final race?
39. Which home nation won the most Commonwealth boxing medals of any competing team?
40. And which famous person 'photobombed' Australian hockey players Jayde Taylor and Brooke Peris in one of the most popular pictures of the Commonwealth Games?
41. The Tour de France started in Yorkshire in 2014, but how many previous editions of Le Tour have included one or more stages in the UK?
42. Which former Scotland rugby union international appeared on the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing show in 2014 and was the fourth contestant to be eliminated?
43. What comedic interlude briefly held up golfer Luke Donald at the Nedbank Challenge in South Africa in December?
Looking into 2015
44. On which West Indies island will England play a Test for the first time in April - Dominica, Grenada, St Kitts or St Lucia?
45. Which country will host football's Africa Cup of Nations in January after original hosts Morocco pulled out because of the Ebola outbreak?
46. Which British racecourse will stage its first meetings since it was placed into administration in 2009?
47. Which country will host the Fifa Women's World Cup in the summer?
48. Of the 13 Rugby World Cup venues to be used in the autumn, how many are the home grounds of Premiership rugby union clubs?
49. Which country will stage its first Formula 1 Grand Prix for 23 years in November?
50. What was the name of the Commonwealth Games mascot?
If you're struggling with that last one, here's a clue: He has the same name as the orangutan who accompanied Clint Eastwood in the film Every Which Way But Loose.
Going for gold: 1. Lizzy Yarnold 2. Kelly Gallagher (with her guide Charlotte Evans) 3. James Rodriguez 4. Claudia Fragapane 5. Wilson Kipsang 6. Stephen Bunting
Record breakers: 7. Marc Marquez 8. Jens Voigt and Matthias Brandle 9. Tim Howard 10. Miroslav Klose 11. Rohit Sharma 12. Baseball
Hall of fame: 13. Leighton Aspell 14. Jonathan Sexton (Ireland) 15. Sean O'Loughlin 16. The Open & US PGA 17. Li Na 18. St Johnstone 19. Sammi Kinghorn 20. Luton Town and Cambridge United
Hall of shame: 21. Ben Flower 22. Andrew Gale 23. Pastor Maldonado 24. Diego Simeone (Atletico Madrid)
Ouch!: 25. Brian O'Driscoll 26. Giorgio Chiellini 27. She was hit on the head by a serve from her partner Klara Koukalova 28. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Do you remember the first time?: 29. The first World Cup cooling breaks 30. Gary Ballance, Scott Borthwick, Boyd Rankin, Moeen Ali, Chris Jordan and Sam Robson 31. India and South Africa 32. Jamie Donaldson, Victor Dubuisson, Stephen Gallacher, Patrick Reed, Jordan Spieth, Jimmy Walker 33. Jazz Carlin 34. Mark Selby 35. Switzerland 36. Seattle Seahawks
A year of memorable moments: 37. I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) 38. Climbed into the crowd to propose to his girlfriend 39. Northern Ireland (nine) 40. Her Majesty the Queen 41. Three - 1974, 1994 and 2007 42. Thom Evans 43. A baboon chased after him on the course
Looking into 2015: 44. Grenada 45. Equatorial Guinea 46. Chelmsford City (aka Great Leighs) 47. Canada 48. Two - Exeter and Gloucester 49. Mexico
And finally: 50. Clyde
Quiz compiled by Mark Mitchener. Merry Christmas from BBC Sport!