Gossip column: McClaren, Moyes, Benitez, Rooney, Vardy, Berahino
For a list of all the completed deals, check out the transfers page.
Newcastle are preparing to contact potential successors to manager Steve McClaren to gauge their interest in the role. Former Manchester United and Everton boss David Moyes, ex-Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez and former Leicester boss Nigel Pearson are among the leading candidates. (Times - subscription required)
Newcastle's hierarchy held a board meeting outside of the city on Monday and "have been considering all of the options". (Newcastle Chronicle)
Former England manager McClaren, 54, is expected to be sacked within the next 48 hours. (Guardian)
Newcastle board members Lee Charnley, Bob Moncur and Graham Carr held a meeting in York to discuss McClaren's future. (Daily Mail)
Leicester and England striker Jamie Vardy, 29, has a £30m buyout clause in his contract. (Times - subscription required)
Juventus boss Max Allegri has pledged to stay at the Serie A club, ending speculation linking him with Chelsea and Real Madrid. (the Sun)
Tottenham have opened talks over a new contract with manager Mauricio Pochettino. (Daily Mirror)
Chelsea striker Diego Costa, 27, has emerged as a surprise target for French champions Paris St-Germain, who are vying with the Spain international's former club Atletico Madrid for his signature. (Daily Star)
Details of Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric's contract have been revealed by website Football Leaks. (Telegraph)
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he is "bored" with having to convince journalists that he should not be sacked. (Daily Express)
Tottenham Hotspur are ready to offer £24m to finally sign West Brom striker Saido Berahino, 22.(Daily Mail)
Leicester's French midfielder N'Golo Kante, 24, is in line for a new deal to see off interest from big clubs. (Daily Mirror)
Former Arsenal defender Emmanuel Eboue, 32, is thought to have agreed a short-term deal with Sunderland, despite missing out on the Premier League club's Under-21 game on Monday. (Sunderland Echo)
Manchester United and England captain Wayne Rooney, 30, has been pictured without his knee brace for the first time since suffering the injury last month. (Manchester Evening News)
England defender Luke Shaw hopes to return to training next month and could play for Manchester United before the end of the season. The 20-year-old broke his right leg during a Champions League tie against PSV Eindhoven in September. (Telegraph)
Everton boss Roberto Martinez has an increasingly uncertain future at the club amid rising supporter unrest. (NBC)
Chelsea striker Diego Costa, 27, is a "nice guy" who uses "warfare" to win games according to Paris St-Germain midfielder Marco Verratti, 23, before the teams' Champions League last-16 second leg. (Guardian)
PSG defender Marquinhos, 21, has said he would like to move to the Premier League in the future. (Squawka)
Best of social media
Everton midfielder Gerard Deulofeu said he had a "really good day at the Everton ladies' lunch".
Leicester City right-back Danny Simpson posted a picture with team captain Phil Tufnell as he took part in an episode of BBC quiz show A Question of Sport.
Injured Southampton striker Charlie Austin has relaxed with "movie night" at home two days running. He recommended Stretch and The Intern.
Crystal Palace fan Adam Greeves has started a petition calling for Christian Benteke to be banned and Liverpool docked a minimum of six points, claiming the Belgium striker dived to win the Reds' match-winning penalty at Selhurst Park on Sunday. (Metro)
Leicester striker Jamie Vardy says he is keeping calm during the Premier League title race by playing computer game Call of Duty. (Leicester Mercury)
And Foxes fans celebrated their winning goal against Norwich last week so loudly, it registered on the Richter scale. (the Sun)