Football gossip: Wagner, Giggs, Bellerin, Fabregas, Hart, Dembele
Aston Villa want Huddersfield manager David Wagner to replace Roberto di Matteo, otherwise they will try to appoint ex-Hull boss Steve Bruce. (Guardian)
Bruce will be approached by Villa to take over as their manager, but Steve Clarke will also be allowed to pitch for the job if he impresses as caretaker boss.(Times - subscription required)
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte watched Torino's 2-1 victory over Fiorentina on Sunday, triggering speculation the Blues could make a move for on-loan Manchester City and England keeper Joe Hart, 29. (Daily Mirror)
Arsenal will offer full-back Hector Bellerin, 21, a new five-year contract after Barcelona and Manchester City were linked with a move for the Spaniard. (The Sun)
Swansea turned down former Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs and ex-Derby boss Paul Clement before appointing Bob Bradley as manager. (South Wales Evening Post)
United have sent scouts to watch Genk winger Leon Bailey, 19, who has scored five goals so far this season. (Daily Mail)
Chelsea and Spain midfielder Cesc Fabregas, 29, could join AC Milan in the January transfer window with Italian defender Mattia de Sciglio, 23, moving the other way. (CalcioMercatoWeb - in Italian)
Chelsea and Belgium goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, 24, has played down rumours that he wants to return to Spain. (Play Sports, via ESPN)
Courtois' Chelsea and Belgium team-mate Michy Batshuayi, 23, only joined the club in July but the striker could return to Marseille in January. (Le10sport - in French)
Spain Striker Diego Costa, 27, has revealed he misses life in his native country since transferring to Chelsea from Atletico Madrid in 2014. (Daily Mirror)
The Football Association is exploring options to recruit a number of young foreign players who are eligible to play for England, including Celtic's 20-year-old French striker Moussa Dembele. (Sun)
Inter Milan director Piero Ausilio has hinted that Italy defender Matteo Darmian, 26, will move to the club from Manchester United next year. (Corriere dello Sport, via Manchester Evening News)
Real Madrid winger Gareth Bale will receive additional security with the Wales national side after arson attacks targeting his fiancee's family. (Evening Standard)
Bayern Munich and Poland striker Robert Lewandowski, 28, believes Liverpool have "a real chance" of winning the Premier League title this season under "father figure" Jurgen Klopp. (Liverpool Echo)
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 31, says he has no plans to retire soon, saying he could play for another 10 years. (AS)
Nice and Italy striker Mario Balotelli, 26, says he spoke to Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp "once" and adds neither the Reds nor AC Milan were "ideal environments" for him.(Sky Sports)
Best of social media
Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil posted a picture on Twitter with his niece Lina, describing himself as a "proud uncle" at the arrival of their #newfamilymember.
Crystal Palace striker Christian Benteke and Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini look to be enjoying training with the Belgium national team as coach Thierry Henry watches on...
Bayern Munich midfielder Arturo Vidal put on a show for the cameras with an outrageous trick shot in training, which the German club have posted on Instagram.
Sam Allardyce renamed the wi-fi connection in his St George's Park base 'Big Sam's office' during his short reign as England manager. (Daily Mail)
Swansea appointed Bob Bradley as their new manager on Monday but ABC7 News in Los Angeles reported the American had replaced Chelsea's Antonio Conte. (Metro)