NBA: Miami Heat fail to qualify for play-offs despite win over Washington Wizards
The Miami Heat failed to qualify for the NBA play-offs despite victory in the final match of the regular season.
Miami beat the Washington Wizards 110-102 but needed the Chicago Bulls or the Indiana Pacers to lose their final game to qualify from the Eastern Conference.
But Chicago defeated the Brooklyn Nets and Indiana beat the Atlanta Hawks with both opponents resting players.
The top eight sides in the Eastern and Western conferences qualified for the play-offs, which start on Saturday.
Who is playing who?
Eastern Conference (brackets denote regular season final standings):
- Boston (1) v Chicago (8)
- Cleveland (2) v Indiana (7)
- Toronto (3) v Milwaukee (6)
- Washington (4) v Atlanta (5)
- Golden State (1) v Portland (8)
- San Antonio (2) v Memphis (7)
- Houston (3) v Oklahoma City (6)
- Los Angeles Clippers (4) v Utah (5)