Carl Froch believes Andre Ward will be out of his depth when they meet in the Super Six super-middleweight final in Atlantic City on 29 October.
Nottingham's WBC title-holder came face-to-face with WBA king Ward, from the United States, at a news conference in Essex on Monday.
"I have not been impressed with Andre and his level of opposition," said the 34-year-old Froch.
"He's fought good fighters but not at the level where we are now."
Former Olympic champion Ward, 27, responded: "I've been in boxing a long time, over 15 years. I know what he's doing, he has to minimise me, my accomplishments and achievements. And that's OK, I understand.
"When I started in this tournament everyone had questions about me, everyone had doubts. Now there are people who say I'm the favourite, but I don't feel that way - I still have that chip on my shoulder."
Ward, who is unbeaten in 24 professional fights, has indeed been installed as the bookmakers' favourite, but Froch said his rival did not have the power to trouble him in their unification bout.
"He has no power whatsoever," said Froch, who has been defeated only once in 29 fights, by Denmark's Mikkel Kessler last year.
"Sure, his hand-speed is fast but even he'll tell you he's not as fast as Andre Dirrell and I handled Dirrell quite easily."
However, it is Froch's split decision victory over Dirrell in 2009 - a fight some observers thought Froch should have lost - that has convinced some the Englishman may come up short against Ward.
The Super Six tournament is the brainchild of American broadcaster Showtime and began in 2009.
Froch had to beat Jermain Taylor, Dirrell, Arthur Abraham and Glen Johnson to get to the final, as well as lose to Kessler, while Ward has racked up wins against Kessler, Allan Green, Sakio Bika and Abraham.
"The final is what top sport is all about - we have the two best fighters facing off for it all," said Froch.