Floyd Mayweather planning 'big, big fight' in the UK
Floyd Mayweather is planning to fight in the UK for the first time, according to his adviser Leonard Ellerbe.
The eight-time world champion, 36, will fight welterweight Robert Guerrero in Las Vegas on 6 May in the first of six bouts over a 30-month period.
Ellerbe said: "Floyd cannot wait until we can come over there and give the UK fans a big, big fight."
On Monday, Britain's Amir Khan told BBC Sport he wants to fight the American, once he regains his world title.
However, Khan lost the belt again in July 2012 when he was stopped in round four by Danny Garcia.
Khan secured a hard-fought win over Julio Diaz on Saturday and is ranked second by the WBC for a shot at Mayweather's welterweight title, despite having never fought at 147lbs.
Mayweather's fight against Guerrero will be his first since beating Miguel Cotto for the WBA light-middleweight title in May last year which extended his record to 43-0 (26 KOs).
The American then served a two-month prison sentence for domestic violence before he was released on 3 August.
He is planning on visiting the UK later this year ahead of returning for a fight.
"Floyd has a tremendous fan base in the UK and we're looking at working on something now where he's going to come over there," added Ellerbe.
"Ever since the Ricky Hatton fight back in 2007, UK fans have been very loyal to Floyd and he definitely acknowledges that and he wants to bring a big, big event to the UK.
"I'm talking with a couple of people now and they're giving me some options, and Floyd will definitely be coming to the UK.
"The UK are his biggest and best fans. He has tremendous love affair for the UK fans
"We'll see how this thing plays out, his focus is Saturday night and then we'll go from there. But we're definitely going to bring a big, big event to the UK."