Carl Frampton is certain he will set up a world title shot later this year by defeating experienced Mexican Hugo Cazares in Friday's fight in Belfast.
In Cazares, super-bantamweight Frampton will be facing a two-time former world champion, although the 36-year-old won those titles at lower weights.
"I am going to get rid of this guy," said Frampton, 27.
The winner of Friday's bout should fight WBC champion Leo Santa Cruz, another Mexican, later this year.
Cazares previously held the WBO light-flyweight and the WBA super-flyweight belts and has been involved in 15 world title fights in his 17-year career.
But with Cazares now operating at 122lb, most pundits believe Frampton will prove too strong at the Odyssey Arena - although the Mexican has been making confident noises in the build-up.
"I am highly motivated because if I beat Frampton I have the chance to become a three-time world champion," said Cazares.
"I am ready to go to war at the Odyssey and I hope the fans shout, scream and cheer. It will have no effect on me."
Despite Cazares's claims that he is ready to go toe-to-toe with Frampton, the Northern Irishman's manager Barry McGuigan is expecting nothing of the sort.
"I am absolutely certain he will not stand and trade with Carl," insisted former featherweight world champion McGuigan.
For his part, Frampton is vowing to become first man to knock out Cazares since he was stopped by his compatriot Gerson Guerrero in October 1999.
"It's very important I make that statement of intent. You need to look explosive and exciting," adds Frampton.
"American TV are interested now. They want to see blood and guts and I want to give them that."
The stand-out performance from unbeaten Frampton's 17 straight career wins was his ninth-round stoppage of Kiko Martinez 14 months ago.
Despite that defeat Martinez won the IBF world title later in 2013 and is now showing no inclination for a rematch.