Tyson Fury to face Dereck Chisora in London rematch

Dereck Chisora and Tyson Fury
Tyson Fury's fight in Manchester last month was postponed after Dereck Chisora fractured a hand

Tyson Fury will face Dereck Chisora in their rescheduled rematch on 29 November at London's ExCeL arena.

The two British heavyweights were scheduled to fight in Manchester last month until Chisora pulled out with a fractured hand suffered in training.

European champion Chisora lost on points to Fury when they met in 2011.

"Chisora is now going to get a beating twice as bad than the one that he was going to get for pulling out," said Fury.

"It's been a roller-coaster few weeks, but I'm delighted to say that the fight is definitely on," said promoter Frank Warren.

"We could see a genuine old fashioned ring war between them."

The bout, originally scheduled for 22 November, is billed as a final eliminator for the WBO title and the chance to face world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko.

6ft 1inHeight6ft 9in

Londoner Chisora, 30, said: "The important thing is we have a new date for the fight, it's on, and Fury and I will finally give the fans what they want to see - a fight.

"I just want to fight Fury, get revenge, beat him good and proper, and move on to fight Klitschko for the world title."

Unbeaten Fury, 25, said last month he would not fight Chisora again, but was told by promoters he was contractually obliged to do so.

Fury was scheduled to fight Alexander Ustinov in Manchester last month following Chisora's withdrawal, only to pull out because of a family illness.

"All Chisora is to me is an obstacle and I've got to smash through him to get where I want to be and that's fighting for the world title," said Fury, who also saw David Haye twice pull out of a fight with him last year.

"He's messed me around and now I'm going to make him pay. I'm happy for the fans who will get to see me crush Chisora for second and final time and send him into retirement."

Fury faces a misconduct hearing with the British Boxing Board of Control on 13 August following his abuse of Chisora at a press conference.

Top Stories