George Groves & Badou Jack set for WBC super-middleweight bid
Swede Badou Jack wants to fight Briton George Groves in the first defence of his WBC super-middleweight title.
The 31-year-old fighter won a majority decision to give American Anthony Dirrell his first professional defeat at the UPC Pavilion in Chicago.
Groves was at ringside for the bout on Saturday and has previously said he wanted to fight the winner.
Michigan fighter Dirrell also wants a rematch, but Jack said: "I want George Groves next."
Groves used his Instagram account to offer his congratulations to Jack, but warned he was "going to have to relieve him of his new @WBCBoxing belt soon though!"
Jack, based in Las Vegas, secured his surprise victory with scores of 116-112 and 115-113 while the third judge regarded the fight as level at 114-114.
It was Jack's third successive win since being stopped in the first round by Derek Edwards in 2014.
"I knew they couldn't rob me - I thought I clearly won," said Jack. "I had a tough start to my career, but I re-focussed myself with my team and got back on track."
Groves has not fought since retaining his WBC Silver super-middleweight title against Denis Douglin in November, 2014.