Kent capture Pakistan fast bowler Wahab Riaz
Kent have agreed a deal to sign Pakistan fast bowler Wahab Riaz, subject to visa clearance.
The 25-year-old left-arm paceman took 5-46 in his country's World Cup semi-final defeat by India in March.
Kent coach Paul Farbrace told BBC Radio Kent: "He's got genuine pace, he's a smashing guy and we think he will be a fantastic addition to our bowling.
"We're in discussion with the Pakistan cricket board over how much cricket he can play."
He continued: "They've got a tour of Zimbabwe planned for 20 August, we'll hope to keep him with us until then although there is talk of him playing in the Sri Lankan Twenty20 but that's not confirmed.
"Our plan is for Wahab to play all forms of cricket while he's with us and Charl [Langeveldt] to play just Twenty20.
"Hopefully he'll be alright to play on Friday and he'll stay in the side to play Championship Cricket, CB40 and Twenty20.
He added: "We're in negotiations with him to keep him after the Twenty20 finishes."
Riaz took 5-63 on his Test debut against England at the Oval last summer, in the series overshadowed by spot-fixing claims.
He was involved in a confrontation in the nets with England batsman Jonathan Trott ahead of the fourth one-day international at Lord's.
The spat was brought to the attention of the match referee but the England and Wales Cricket Board were happy that the incident had been dealt with and said it was a "closed matter".
Riaz has since impressed in the one-day international series against West Indies.