Alberto Contador remains on course for victory in the Giro d'Italia despite Vasil Kiryienka clinching victory in Saturday's final mountain stage.
Contador, eighth on the stage, leads by more than five minutes from Italy's Michele Scarponi with one stage left.
Scarponi's compatriot, Vincenzo Nibali, currently occupies third.
Movistar rider Kiryienka of Belarus dedicated his victory to his Spanish team mate Xavier Tondo, who died in a domestic accident last Monday.
Kiryienka produced a superb ascent after a 13-rider break 29km out on the penultimate climb of the day, as Venezuela's Jose Rujano finished second and Spaniard Joaquim Rodriguez third.
But Contador, riding for the Saxo Bank team, was not tested during the 20th stage, a gruelling 242km run, finishing 5 minutes and 58 seconds behind the Belarusian climber.
The race finishes on Sunday with an individual time trial through the streets of Milan.
Cycling-Giro d'Italia 20th stage result:
1. Vasil Kiryienka (Belarus/Movistar) 6hrs 17mins 03 secs
2. Jose Rujano (Venezuela/Androni Giocattoli) +4:43
3. Joaquim Rodriguez (Spain/Katusha) +4:50
1. Alberto Contador (Spain/Saxo Bank) 83hrs 34mins 25secs
2. Michele Scarponi (Italy/Lampre) +5:18
3. Vincenzo Nibali (Italy/Liquigas) +6:14