Spaniard Joaquim Rodriguez reclaimed the lead in the Giro d'Italia despite being edged out by Matteo Rabottini in Sunday's 15th stage.
Rabottini had led for more than 150km of the 169km race from Busto Arsizio to Lecco and Pian dei Resinelli before crashing on the final descent.
But he emerged unscathed to pass Rodriguez on the final curve of the hilltop finish.
Overall, Rodriguez leads Canadian Ryder Hesjedal by 30 seconds.
Hesjedal had led Rodriguez by nine seconds after finishing fourth in Saturday's 14th stage.
Monday is a rest day after two days in the mountains and Tuesday's 16th stage is a mainly uphill 173km trek from Limone sul Garda to Falzes/Pfalzen.
The Giro ends on 27 May in Milan.
1. Joaquim Rodriguez (Esp/Katusha)
2. Ryder Hesjedal (Can/Garmin) at 30 secs
3. Ivan Basso (Ita/Liquigas-Cannondale) at 1 min 22 secs
4. Paolo Tiralongo (Ita/Astana) at 1 min 26 secs.
5. Roman Kreuziger (Cze/Astana) at 1 min 27 secs