Vuelta a Espana: John Degenkolb takes 10th stage in sprint finish
Germany's John Degenkolb won the 10th stage of the Vuelta a Espana while Spain's Joaquin Rodriguez held on to the overall leader's red jersey.
It was the fourth stage victory of this year's race for Degenkolb and his Argos-Shimano team.
France's Nacer Bouhanni was second in the sprint stage, with Italian Daniele Bennati third.
Joaquim Rodriguez of team Katusha holds the overall race lead with a 53 second advantage over Team Sky's Chris Froome.
The British team had taken up the pace inside the closing 15km but were left empty handed in the final sprint, with Ben Swift only managing ninth place.
Dagenkolb completed the stage in four hours, 47 minutes and 24 seconds.
The race finishes on 9 September in Madrid.
Stage 10 results:
1. John Degenkolb (Germany/Argos-Shimano) 4:47:24
2. Nacer Bouhanni (France/FDJ-Big Mat) +0
3. Daniele Bennati (Italy/Radioshack-Nissan) +0
4. Gianni Meersman (Belgium/Lotto Belisol) +0
5. Manuel Antonio Leal Cardoso (Portugal/Caja Rural) +0
General classification after 10 stages:
1. Joaquin Rodriguez (Spain/Katusha) 39:32:23"
2. Chris Froome (Britain/Team Sky) +53"
3. Alberto Contador (Spain/Saxo Bank) +1:00"
4. Alejandro Valverde (Spain/Movistar) +1:07"
5. Robert Gesink (Netherlands/Rabobank) +2:01"