Sir Bradley Wiggins extended his lead in the Tour of California by finishing four seconds ahead of nearest challenger Rohan Dennis on stage four.
Team Sky's Wiggins joined fellow Briton Mark Cavendish in a group sharing seventh, one minute 17 seconds behind Canadian stage winner Will Routley.
The Optum rider won the 165.1km (102.6 mile) stage from Monterey to Cambria in three hours 48 minutes 37 seconds.
With four stages to go, 34-year-old Wiggins leads Dennis by 28 seconds.
Portugal's Tiago Machado is a further 41 seconds behind in third ahead of Thursday's 107.4 mile stage from Pismo Beach to Santa Barbara.
1. William Routley (Can/Optum) 3:48:37
2. Daniel Gregory (USA/Bissell) same time
3. Kevin de Masmaeker (Bel/Novo Nordisk)
4. Christopher Jones (USA/United Healthcare)
5. Matt Cooke (USA/Jamis)
1. Bradley Wiggins (GB/Sky) 13:53:51
2. Rohan Dennis (Aus/Garmin) +28"
3. Tiago Machado (Por/NetApp-Endura) +1:09
4. Lawson Craddock (USA/Giant-Shimano) +1:25
5. Adam Yates (GB/ Orica-GreenEdge) +2:14