Italy's Fabio Aru won stage 15 of the Giro d'Italia, as Rigoberto Uran maintained his overall race lead.
The Astana rider moved up from seventh to fourth in the general classification after triumphing at the summit finish in Plan di Montecampione.
Colombian Uran extended his advantage over Australia's Cadel Evans by 31 seconds to one minute three seconds.
Pre-race favourite Nairo Quintana made up 24 seconds on Uran but is still 2.40 behind the leader in fifth.
The 225km stage was largely flat until a gruelling 1,400m ascent in the final 20km, which took its toll on several riders, including Evans.
Fabio Duarte finished second, just ahead of his compatriot Quintana, with France's Pierre Rolland in fourth and Uran fifth.
Sardinian Aru, 23, accelerated clear of Duarte and Rolland 2.3km from the finish to clinch the first win of his career.
Poland's Rafal Majka remains third in the overall standings, 1.50 off the pace.
Team Sky's Philip Deignan made a break with 9.5km to go but the Irish rider was caught and then dropped 2.5km from the finish.
After a final rest day on Monday, the Giro resumes on Tuesday with a 139km stage from Ponte di Legno to Val Martello, featuring three mountain climbs.
Stage 14 result
1. Fabio Aru (Ita/Astana) 5:33:05"
2. Fabio Duarte (Col/Colombia) +21"
3. Nairo Quintana (Col/Movistar) +23"
4. Pierre Rolland (Fra/Europcar)
5. Rigoberto Uran (Col/Omega Pharma - Quick-Step) +42"
6. Rafal Majka (Pol/Tinkoff - Saxo) +57"
7. Franco Pellizotti (Ita/Androni Giocattoli) +1:08"
8. Daniel Moreno (Spa/Katusha)
9. Ryder Hesjedal (Can/Garmin) +1:13"
10. Cadel Evans (Aus/BMC Racing)
1. Rigoberto Uran (Col/ mega Pharma - Quick-Step) 63:26:39"
2. Cadel Evans (Aust/BMC Racing) +1:03"
3. Rafal Majka (Pol/Tinkoff - Saxo) +1:50"
4. Fabio Aru (Ita/Astana) +2:24"
5. Nairo Quintana (Col/Movistar) +2:40"
6. Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita/AG2R) +2:42"
7. Wilco Kelderman (Ned/Belkin) +3:04"
8. Pierre Rolland (Fra/Europcar) +4:47"
9. Robert Kiserlovski (Cro/Trek) +5:44"
10. Wout Poels (Ned/Omega Pharma - Quick-Step) +6:32"