Team Sky's Geraint Thomas has retained the yellow jersey after securing a fourth-placed finish in stage four of the Tour of the Algarve.
Thomas, 28, crossed the line nine seconds behind Australian team mate, Richie Porte, after the 218km ride.
Etixx-QuickStep's Michal Kwiatkowski finished second, meaning the Welshman now has a 27-second lead over his rival at the top of the standings.
Sunday's 184.9km final stage will take place between Almodovar and Vilamoura.
Stage Four result:
1. Richie Porte (AUS/Team Sky) 5h55m34s
2. Michal Kwiatkowski (POL/Etixx-QuickStep) +3secs
3. Ion Izaguirre (ESP/Movistar) +6secs
4. Geraint Thomas (GBR/TeamSky) +9secs
5. Michael Woods (CAN/Optum p/b Kelly Benefit Strategies), +13secs
1. Geraint Thomas (GBR/Team Sky), 15h30m33s
2. Michal Kwiatkowski (POL/Etixx-QuickStep)+27secs
3. Tiago Machado (POR/Katusha) +1min 11secs
4. Richie Porte (AUS/Team Sky) +1min 14secs
5. Luis León Sánchez (ESP/Astana) +1min 18secs