Peter Kennaugh retained the lead of the Criterium du Dauphine as Nacer Bouhanni took a sprint win in stage two.
Frenchman Bouhanni beat compatriot Samuel Dumoulin to win the stage with Italian Sacha Modolo, winner of two 2015 Giro d'Italia stages, third.
Manxman Kennaugh - who won Olympic gold in London in 2012 - finished in the pack as his lead over Modolo was cut to two seconds in the standings.
Kennaugh's team-mate Chris Froome is 16th overall, 12 seconds back.
Team Sky leader Froome is hoping to gain race fitness as he looks to regain the Tour de France title next month.
The opening stage of the Tour de France is on 4 July in Utrecht.
Stage 2 results
1. Nacer Bouhanni (Fra/Cofidus) 4hrs 23mins 46secs
2. Samuel Dumoulin (Fra/AG2R) same time
3. Sacha Modolo (Ita/Lampre)
4. Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor/Team MTN)
5. Alexei Tsatevich (Rus/Katusha)
6. Jonas van Genechten (Bel/IAM Cycling)
7. Jens Keukeleire (Bel/Orica-GreenEdge)
8. Ramunas Navardauskas (Lit/Cannondale)
9. Yannick Martinez (Fra/Europcar)
10. Luka Mezgec (Slo/Giant-Alpecin)
General classification after stage 2
1. Peter Kennaugh (GB/Team Sky) 7hrs 30mins 27secs
2. Sacha Modolo (Ita/Lampre) +2secs
3. Nacer Bouhanni (Fra/Cofidus) Same time
4. Samuel Dumoulin (Fra/AG2R) +6secs
5. Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor/Team MTN) +8secs
6. Tiesj Benoot (Bel/Lotto) +12secs
7. Yannick Martinez (Fra/Europcar)
8. Jay McCarthy (Aus/Tinkoff - Saxo)
9. Ramunas Navardauskas (Lit/Cannondale)
10. Julian Alaphilippe (Fra/Etixx - Quick-Step)