Geraint Thomas: Brit second in Tour de Suisse after cutting deficit
Geraint Thomas will go into the final stage of the Tour de Suisse in second place, 34 seconds behind race leader Thibaut Pinot.
The Welsh Team Sky rider gained three seconds on France's Pinot in Saturday's eighth stage, as Alexey Lutsenko claimed the win.
Kazakhstan's Lutsenko won the 153km stage ahead of Belgian Jan Bakelants and Warren Barguil of France.
Sunday's stage is a 38km individual time trial in the Swiss capital Bern.
Stage eight result:
1. Alexey Lutsenko (Kaz/Astana) 3hrs 28mins 11secs
2. Jan Bakelants (Bel/AG2R) +1secs
3. Warren Barguil (Fra/Giant) +17secs
4. Marco Haller (Aus/Katusha) +22secs
5. Daniele Bennati (Ita/Tinkoff - Saxo) Same time
Overall classification after stage eight:
1. Thibaut Pinot (Fra/FDJ) 29hrs 25mins 28secs
2. Geraint Thomas (GBR/Team Sky) +34secs
3. Simon Spilak (Slo/Katusha) +47secs
4. Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita/AG2R) +50secs
5. Miguel Angel Lopez (Col/Astana) +1min 14secs