This entry is now closed for comments.
438. Red Hare“In the end, it doesn’t quite rise above 2011, much less 2010 or 1989”~Agreed, regarding 1989 and arguably 2011. But 2010 wasn’t a great year for the TdF with the disqualifications of 1st and 2nd podium spots (Contador & Menchov, respectively) for doping.
I would like to wish all spectators, fans and participants of all sports all the very best.
461. Mandy“459. Posted by Display nameI will do soon”You know there’s help awaiting you, Mandy, if only you reach out for it? There’s really no need to try and tarnish the love others have for a sport you’ve decided to take aim at as a vent for your unhappiness instead of treating it. I wish you well. Because cycling is a life affirming activity and the TdF is mesmerising
459. Posted by Display nameI will do soon
@432Looking for dope? Look in the mirror.
@458Don't look then. You don't get to decide how people dress or what they do with their spare time.
Not my sport, but each to their own. I just wish men who shouldn't be anywhere near a pair of skin tight cycling trousers would at least refrain from doing so in public.
The Tour - a wonderful spectacle in a beautiful country, France's gift to the world.It's not possible to fault Thomas or Bernal who both showed wonderful levels of modesty, humility, and gentle politeness throughout the Tour. Congratulations to them both. Also to Alaphilippe - a long overdue French winner would also have been wonderful.
Froome destroyed the field+won Giro on his own last year on one stage.Until other GC contenders have either the balls or ability to try something similar then Ineos will continue to win any race they have set their sights on they have barely broken sweat this year, knowing Alap would be beatable on last 3 stages .They will win all 3 GTs next year with 3 different riders(Froome fitness permitting)
445. Froggie What a sad character you must be. Just jog on.
Sport access advertising = two blokes +/- woman & kids ON A COUCH all looking deliriously happy and bonded ... what a conversion!
Couch.Sport legends of reflex-textile-hate : try body-only pedalling 3300 kms in 21 days with two days off, and no, not in your Couch.Imagination 'summit Everest before lunch'. Add the killer-climbs: stage 18 alone was over 4km vertical. in 36dC plus. Then race it against the worlds best... sport= something on TV?
@451. FroggieTake it easy Froggie its Sunday morning, say a prayer and thank God your alive on this beautiful summers day. Trust me when I tell you that there is no sport like cycling to keep you fit and its for free once you've got a bike. I fully accept there have been drug related issues in cycling and the likes of Armstrong put cycling in the gutter. That said, its now on the up so jog on.
446. Bile and venom? Are they the current performance enhancing substances, I wouldn't know. Exactly why is it so 'hurtful' the challenge the honesty of something? Maybe 'denial' will be the next performance altering substance of choice...it's in plentiful supply here. For 'hater' read 'realist' and enjoy your utterly hollow excitement. The world watches for a week or two and knows the score.
We're having some problems displaying the comments at the moment. Sorry. We're doing our best to fix it.
You must sign in to rate comments