This entry is now closed for comments.
32/34. You claim someone else’s comments about darts are based on class, and then you suggest that he goes back to polo? Dude, it’s either ok to make stupid class-based comments or it’s not, you’ve done the exact same thing yourself.
The only referee I have seen get involved is Russ Bray, for some reason he seems to have the players respect more than others, whereas the other referre's seem a little scared to confront the players. They really do need to do more to stop situations getting out of hand. Retrospective fines are fine, but are often less than what the offending player makes by their antics getting them through.
Serious question, do referees ever step in and tell players to calm down and behave themselves? Or are they just there to count? Seems that tensions are allowed to build up on stage and behaviour goes unchecked until after the match when it’s too late. I’m not just referring to Wade here, I’m asking in general.
49. I dont know the full details of his condition, but have watched him play darts for years, and have never seen him act out in this way. I feel that this had much more to do with his mental health than anything else as it was so far out of character for him. Completely wrong and uncalled for, I agree just think the guy needs help right now.
49. It does not lead to involuntary outbursts, in the way that Tourette’s does, sufferers are still in control of what they say. He chose the words, he said them. Good that he apologised, but what was he referee doing, so referees ever step in and tell lads to calm down or cop themselves on? 46. Agreed that Price is a different kettle of fish.
48. Not saying it is anyway justified, but it does explain a lot of it. When you suffer with a disorder like that, you often cant control your actions or what you say and are prone to outbursts that are completely out of character. Not saying it is right, and he needs to find a way of keeping it under control with medication etc. But I do feel sorry for him.
46. None of that explains or justifies saying that he wanted to physically hurt his opponent, it just doesn’t.
@36 What's the matter my dear? Did you aim for treble 20 and hit seven instead? Did the dart bounce out and you got scared? What is it my dear? Did you trip over the oche?
@45 JimmyC, Wade actually suffers from bipolar and had a hypo mania episode before the match that made him act in that way, which he has apologised for, whereas Price is just a d*ck who winds opponents up on purpose
43. Haha! Wish he could have taken Wade win him, made a total doo-dah of himself the other night.
If people dont like darts and dont want to class it as a sport, fine thats your opinion. But why oh why would you read an article and comment on something you think is a waste of time. Makes you look desperate for attention like a whining toddler. Whats the matter? not getting enough love in the real world, do you all need a hug?
Thank god gerwyn prices is out. Seen him walking around blackwood in south Wales like he had 2 carpets under his arms arrogant pr#ck.
@31 and @33 ...bet you two couch potatoes think Motor Racing is a sport ...well it's not...it's driving a car ...that is not sport !!
@36 You're probably right.
We're having some problems displaying the comments at the moment. Sorry. We're doing our best to fix it.
You must sign in to rate comments