Swansea 1-1 Hull

Hull stretched their unbeaten Championship away run to 16 games as they again fought back to earn a draw at Swansea.

Mark Gower's fine strike in the 63rd minute prompted a gutsy Hull response seven minutes later, finished by Corry Evans.

Gower cut inside twice before curling his shot into the right hand corner of the net.

But Evans slid the ball in from 12 yards to punish Swansea's lax defence.

The Swans are now unbeaten at home in six games and they remain fourth, but will rue missing the chance to go above Norwich, who drew 2-2 at Watford.

Hull impressed in the opening exchanges, midfielder James Harper sending a shot wide from 30 yards after being passed fit following a foot injury.

Swansea's hopes also blossomed early on amid the confidence boost of Saturday's 3-0 win over the Canaries and Stephen Dobbie sent a his 25-yard shot wide.

Gower also got in on the act having scored a superb goal from 25-yards against Norwich, but his shot was high.

Nathan Dyer was next to fire wide while Dobbie also fluffed another chance to test returning goalkeeper Matt Duke.

Dobbie and another of the heroes of the win over Norwich, Fabio Borini, suffered the same fate as the hosts' chances continued to go begging.

But Hull underlined why they have remained so effective on the road as Evans shot wide from 12 yards.

It took until 11 minutes after the break for Duke to be truly tested and he was equal to Scott Sinclair's effort from inside the box.

At the other end Andy Dawson's header went wide while Dyer continued the 12-yard drought as the hosts sought the opener.

When it finally came, the stalemate breaker was spectacular. Neil Taylor intercepted to send Gower on his way and the midfielder twice cut inside before hitting home.

But amid the euphoria that followed, Hull kept their heads while Swansea's concentration faltered and from 12 yards out Evans took full advantage from substitute Jay Simpson's assist.

Hull's threat did not end there, James Chester going close with a header from Robert Koren's pass.

Simpson was then denied by Swansea keeper Dorus De Vries, who was making his 200th league appearance.

Duke saved Swansea substitute Luke Moore's 12-yard strike seven minutes from the end of normal time.

The visitors looked stronger in the closing stages but de Vries again foiled the threat, this time from Matty Fryatt.

And as the final whistle beckoned, Moore's header was wide.

Live text commentaryexternal-link

Top Stories