Bangor slate FAW over Jamie Brewerton's five-match ban
Bangor City have reacted angrily to captain Jamie Brewerton's five-match ban and called for an overhaul of the FA of Wales' disciplinary process.
Brewerton has been found guilty of "improper conduct" as he left the field following his red card on 20 February.
The ban means the centre back will miss a potential final-day title decider and the Welsh Cup final in May.
Bangor are livid the process has taken seven weeks to complete. The FAW has been contacted for a response.
Brewerton was sent off for a foul on striker Lee Hunt in the closing stages of Bangor's 2-1 away win over Prestatyn.
He then appeared clash with Prestatyn player-manager Neil Gibson on his way to the changing room, an incident caught on a television camera at Bastion Road.
After viewing the footage, the Football Association of Wales launched an inquiry in early March.
On Tuesday, the FAW announced that, based on written and video evidence, Brewerton had been found guilty and fined £200 in his absence at a disciplinary hearing in Cardiff, and that his five-match ban would begin on 29 April.
"We're very disappointed with the length of the ban, the fine that James Brewerton has had, but more than that, we're disappointed with the way the situation has been handled," said Bangor secretary Gwynfor Jones.
"To take seven weeks to make the decision just isn't acceptable for any club at any level of football."
Brewerton's ban rules him out of Bangor's home match with The New Saints on the final day of the season, a match that could decide the destiny of the Welsh Premier League title.
The Saints, who were 13 points behind at one stage in the season, lead Bangor by four points at the top of the table with three games to go.
Brewerton, who has already served a two-match ban for the red card, will also miss the Welsh Cup final on 8 May against Llanelli at Parc y Scarlets as Bangor aim to win the cup for a fourth successive season.
"We feel harshly treated, especially in terms of the length of time it's taken and the date the ban starts, which is basically the Friday before the final game of the season against The New Saints," added Jones.
"We all know what could happen on that day provided results go our way this weekend. And he's also missing the Welsh Cup final.
"Why didn't they make this decision within 48 hours, similar to what the FA did with Wayne Rooney? I think the whole system needs looking at within the FA of Wales."
Jones said the club does not condone Brewerton's actions, but an appeal against the severity of the punished is being considered.
"When you're appealing, you've got to look at comparative cases," said Jones.
"There were instances in the Prestatyn game on Friday night and Port Talbot on Saturday. There will be other instances that will be highlighted if we do appeal that we've got on tape and will be used as comparative cases.
"So if we do appeal, I think we'll have a strong case to take it further."