Queens Park Rangers manager Neil Warnock has criticised newspaper reports over their upcoming Football Association disciplinary hearing.
The FA hearing over the 2009 signing of Alejandro Faurlin begins on Tuesday.
The Sun newspaper claimed earlier this week that Rangers face a 15-point deduction if found guilty, but Warnock said the report had affected the club.
"When I looked at the coverage it destroyed us, the place was like a morgue. We're all guessing," he said.
"We have to wait until Friday. I'm happy with what my barrister has told me.
"I just get on with winning games. I don't fear anything, I was brought in to win promotion and that's what I've done.
"You can do without it as a manager but you've got to get on with it. I'll be glad when it's over and then I can talk about it."
The decision on the seven charges facing the club is expected on Friday, the day before the final matches of the Championship season.
The Loftus Road club's ensured they got the result they needed on the pitch to secure promotion to the Premier League.
But they must wait on the FA's verdict before they can start celebrating as a points deduction for breaking third-party ownership rules could drop them into the play-offs.
The FA insisted on Saturday that it had made no comment to the Sun about the disciplinary hearing.
An FA statement read: "The FA wishes to make clear it dissociates itself from an article in the Sun newspaper.
"Any alleged FA source is not speaking on behalf of the FA."
English football's governing body also confirmed it was not its policy to "comment on the charges, evidence or potential range of sanctions before the outcome of a disciplinary hearing".
The FA has been investigating the case since September, when QPR asked for permission to buy out a third party that owned Faurlin's economic rights.
The club was prompted to do this by the Football League's introduction of rules prohibiting the third-party ownership of players.
The league told QPR they would have to notify the FA of their plans and it then became apparent the club may have been in breach of FA regulations for more than a year.
Those rules were introduced following the Carlos Tevez saga, which dragged on for two years after the Argentine striker, who was then owned by a third party, helped West Ham escape relegation from the Premier League in 2007.
Sheffield United, then managed by Warnock, went down instead but lodged a legal challenge that ended with the Hammers owing the Premier League £5.5m for breaking the rules and the Blades £20m in compensation.
West Ham, however, avoided any points deduction that would have sent them down in United's place.
The Sun quoted an FA source as saying: "There's no question QPR have broken the rules. They know it as well. The only debate is what to do about it.
"If they aren't found guilty you might as well scrap the rules about third-party owners."