Torquay boss Paul Buckle denies Bristol Rovers deal
Torquay United manager Paul Buckle has denied rumours that he has already agreed to join Bristol Rovers.
Buckle will lead his side out at Old Trafford in the League Two play-off final on Saturday against Stevenage.
"Nothing has been done, there is no done deal anywhere," the 40-year-old told BBC Radio Devon.
"Come Sunday or Monday I'll sit down with the club and we'll sit down with all the players and everyone's future will be resolved."
Should Torquay seal promotion to League One, Buckle will have to decide if he wants to drop a division to take on the challenge at relegated Rovers, who have been without a permanent manager since the sacking of Dave Penney in March.
One of this former charges, Wayne Carlisle, believes he could be the man to revive fortunes at the Memorial Stadium.
Carlisle spent three seasons under Buckle at Torquay United having previously made 71 appearances for Rovers.
"He's exceptionally passionate with a real pride to win and to be successful," Carlisle told BBC Radio Bristol.
"He won't come in and hide behind any excuses. He tends to meet obstacles head on.
"The club's potential has always been huge and, if you get the right person in the driving seat, there's no reason you can't get up into League One and even the Championship."