Algerians deny offering national job to Domenech
The Algeria Football Federation (FAF) has denied reports linking former France coach Raymond Domenech with the vacant post of national team coach.
On Monday, Domenech's advisors said he had been approached by the Algerians.
A statement on the federation's website has revealed that a shortlist of 43 coaches has been whittled down to five.
Local media suggests that former Ivory Coast coach Vahid Halilhodzic, ex-Brazil boss Carlos Dunga and Jurgen Klinsmann are all on the shortlist.
A decision is expected next Tuesday, says FAF's website.
FAF has yet to name the five coaches in contention and says it will consider any applications received before the 20 June deadline.
Talks with the five shortlisted men will begin in the next few days, for a post that became vacant on 5 June.
Algeria are looking to replace Abdelhak Benchikha, who stepped down after this month's 4-0 loss to Morocco in a 2012 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier.
On Monday, Domenech's advisors, the Laminak Conseil agency, stated that the coach had been contacted by FAF.
"Domenech has indeed been approached over the possibility of his being taken on by the Algerian federation," the statement read.
"He has not bid for the job. However, Raymond Domenech confirms his affection for Algeria."
But FAF president Mohamed Raouraoua firmly denied reports of an approach to Domenech in an interview in Tuesday's edition of the Algerian daily Liberte.
Halilhodzic says he is a candidate for the post and will be meeting Raouraoua on Friday.
Algeria hope to have a new coach in place by the time they travel to face Tanzania for their next Nations Cup qualifier in September.
The loss to Morocco left the Desert Foxes bottom of Group D.