Carlton Cole insists he is '100% committed' to West Ham
Carlton Cole insists he remains as committed as ever to West Ham after his proposed move to Stoke fell through.
The Potters had agreed a fee for the 27-year-old - who had not asked for a transfer - but his wages proved a stumbling block to the move on Friday.
"I am as committed to West Ham as always," he told the club's website.
"There has been a lot of things reported, that it was a done deal I was moving to another club. But that is not the case and I want our fans to know."
He added: "I am a West Ham player and have no knowledge that is going to be any different.
"Unless I am told something different, I am a West Ham player and will be doing my all for the team."
A West Ham spokesman told BBC Sport on Friday that negotiations between Cole and Stoke did not break down because he asked for too much money.
"He was discussing wage parity with other key players and was well within his right to do so," the spokesman added.
The Hammers, who were relegated to the Championship last season, also dismissed reports that Cole had an ongoing injury problem.
Stoke chairman Peter Coates confirmed on Tuesday that a fee - believed to be an initial £4m with a possible £2m in add-ons - had been agreed, although he also questioned Cole's fitness.
"Cole has got an injury problem and he's always had that," said Coates.
Cole is now preparing for Wednesday's friendly at FC Copenhagen, and insists that he is ready for what will be a demanding season in the Championship as they seek immediate promotion back to the Premier League.
The England international joined West Ham from Chelsea in July 2006 and has scored 42 goals in 165 appearances.