Neil Warnock anticipates QPR spending after takeover
Last updated on .From the section Football
QPR boss Neil Warnock is optimistic he can strengthen his squad in the final two weeks of the transfer window following Tony Fernandes' takeover.
QPR have been linked with a move for West Ham midfielder Scott Parker.
"We will all be working very hard over the next couple of weeks to bring the players into the club," said Warnock.
"With Tony's connections at West Ham, Scott is bound to get a mention, but I don't think we should be talking about players at other clubs."
Fernandes, a Hammers fan who previously bid for control of West Ham,
Warnock is keen to reinforce a side that were promoted as champions, but suffered a 4-0 defeat to Bolton on the opening day of the season.
He recommended Parker as England captain in his newspaper column in March, but refused to be drawn further on the chances of bringing the former Charlton and Chelsea midfielder to Loftus Road before the window shuts on 31 August.
"The Premier League shows what quality is all about and we had a rude lesson on Saturday," Warnock added.
"It is not a case of saying you have x amount, with each and every player I will go to the shareholders and we'll take each individual and whether they are worth that.
"We won't be throwing money at it stupidly, we'll try and get value for money, but it is an exciting time for us because we are looking at spending money on quality players."
Warnock has recruited strikers DJ Campbell and Jay Bothroyd along with Kieron Dyer and Danny Gabbidon so far this summer, but said he did not expect any more arrivals before Saturday's game against Everton.
Parker, a former team-mate of Gabbidon and Dyer at West Ham, was voted Player of the Year for 2011 by the Football Writers Association for his perfomances in the Hammers' unsuccessful fight against relegation last season.
Although he was linked with moves to Arsenal and Tottenham earlier in the summer, he has remained at Upton Park and scored in Tuesday's 4-0 win over Watford.