Inverness CT 2-1 Kilmarnock

A late strike from Graeme Shinnie handed Inverness a dramatic victory at home to Kilmarnock.

Gregory Tade's 25th minute header for Inverness was cancelled out by Dean Shiels' fine strike.

The Frenchman could have extended the host's lead shortly after the break but sent his header wide of the mark.

Shinnie found the net in the 89th minute with a low strike inside the Kilmarnock penalty area that evaded keeper Cammy Bell.

The win is the first of the season for Terry Butcher's side, lifting the Highlanders off the foot of the Scottish Premier League table, while Kilmarnock hang on to sixth place.

Butcher named summer signing Billy McKay as a substitute after claiming he was the 'fittest' of his injured players, but made three changes to the side who were dumped out of the League Cup midweek at Ayr.

Kilmarnock boss Kenny Shiels also make three changes, with defender Ryan O'Leary missing out due to a serious knee injury.

Rory McKeown could have put the visitors in front early on but his rising 30-yard shot from a short James Dayton free-kick was just off target.

Ben Hutchinson then forced an acrobatic save from Ryan Esson after Dayton played him through with Inverness on the ropes.

Tade's first goal for Caley Thistle came when he evaded his marker to connect with a superb cross from Richie Foran.

The visitors responded with an equaliser from Shiels 10 minutes later, the Northern Ireland international curling a low shot beyond a Esson from 25 yards when he was found in space by Liam Kelly.

Seconds later, Kelly appeared to be hit by an object thrown from the home fans as he celebrated the goal.

Tade almost repeated his trick from the first half with a carbon copy header that drifted across the face of the Killie goal shortly after the restart.

Shiels made his way to the right by-line and sent a ball across to Manuel Pascali who produced a header from deep inside the six-yard box that cleared the Inverness crossbar.

Kilmarnock almost took the lead when Hutchinson cashed in on a slip by Chris Hogg and bent a shot off the Inverness post.

Foran should have done better with a close-ranger header in the 71st minute when he leapt on to Aaron Doran's cross, but he steered it wide of the post and a golden opportunity was missed by Inverness to take the lead.

A late Doran free-kick was squandered when the Irish striker fired the ball straight at the Kilmarnock wall.

However, Shinnie found the winner one minute from time with a shot from deep inside the penalty area, firing in to the bottom right corner of the net.

Live text commentaryexternal-link