Swansea City confirm new Nathan Dyer deal
Nathan Dyer has handed Premier League newcomers Swansea City a boost by signing a new three-year contract.
The winger, whose contract was due to expire in 2012, joins Ashley Williams, Angel Rangel, Joe Allen and captain Garry Monk by extending his Swans deal.
"Nathan has been wonderful and is an integral part of the group," said Swans manager Brendan Rodgers.
And Dyer added: "We've made massive strides as a club and I don't see why I should want to go anywhere else."
The 23-year-old joined Swansea on a permanent deal for £400,000 from Southampton in June 2009 following a successful loan spell at The Liberty Stadium
Dyer has impressed since arriving in south Wales and won the fans' player of the year accolade in their Championship promotion campaign - even though fellow winger Scott Sinclair scored 27 goals.
Now he has committed to the Swans until the summer of 2014 just days after winning the man-of-the-match award as Swansea won their first Premier League point in their goalless draw against Wigan Athletic on Saturday.
"I'm really pleased," said Dyer.
"We've just won promotion to the Premier League and I want to be part of things. It's a great club so I'm happy to be here.
"Talks went well and it was nice and easy to sign a contract. I can learn my trade here and keep improving as a player."
Rodgers is pleased Dyer has agreed to sign a new deal early in what was the final year of his initial contract.
"I'm sure going into his last year, he could have sat it out knowing there would be interest in him," said Rodgers.
"He is a good lad, I like him a lot and his performances have really done the talking for him."