I'm staying at Nottingham Forest - Steve McClaren
Last updated on .From the section Football
Nottingham Forest boss Steve McClaren has reassured supporters he is staying at the club despite speculation surrounding his future.
The 50-year-old released a statement following Friday's meeting between his respresentatives and Forest.
"My only concern is getting on with the job and achieving the goal of taking the club back into the Premier League," McClaren told the club website.
"Contrary to reports, it has never been my intention to consider leaving."
The former England manager added: "I'm certainly no quitter and I am as enthusiastic about the task as I was on the day I arrived in Nottingham in June.
"I am desperately keen to succeed at Forest and as far as I am concerned it is onwards and upwards with everyone pulling in the same direction in order to achieve our aims."
McClaren's frustrations at the City Ground have been fuelled by disappointment over failure to add to the squad before the end of the summer transfer window.
"As with all new relationships there are teething problems and some frustrations but they are ones that can be overcome," said chief executive Mark Arthur.
"When we appointed Steve we knew we were getting a top-class manager with a proven track record and we very much viewed his arrival as the start of a long-term project.
"Nothing has changed with that and more than ever we are looking to work with Steve and helping him achieve the ambitions that we all have for Nottingham Forest."
Forest are 18th in the Championship having won one of their five league matches so far this season, but they have progressed to the third round of the Carling Cup after wins over neighbours Notts County and Wycombe Wanderers.
Their next match is at Southampton on 10 September.