Hibernian 3-3 Dundee Utd

Hibernian and Dundee United played out a six-goal thriller in the Scottish Premier League at Easter Road.

Garry O'Connor's angled strike gave Hibs a 22nd-minute lead, but Jon Daly's double on either side of a Danny Swanson strike put United ahead.

Issiah Osborne's 72nd-minute pile-driver from the edge of the area was turned into the net by Scott Robertson.

Two minutes later, Junior Agogo blasted in from 18 yards to rescue a point for the hosts.

Hibs have yet to record a win at home since February, but manager Colin Calderwood will take heart from some well-earned strikes, despite some slack defending.

Jon Daly and Danny Swanson
Daly and Swanson both scored as United established a lead

United's Danny Swanson had the first opportunity of the match from close range in the seventh minute but mis-cued his shot and screwed the ball wide from 18 yards.

A hashed clearance by Ian Murray almost gave former Hibs man John Rankin a chance on goal, but he lofted his effort on to the roof of the home goal.

Moments later, O'Connor broke the deadlock, running on to a David Wotherspoon through ball and confidently rounding goalkeeper Dusan Pernis to slot home from a tight angle.

The lead was short-lived, however, as Swanson's shot from the left of the penalty area seven minutes later was deflected out by keeper Graham Stack and Daly slotted home from from three yards to level.

Four minutes later, United took the lead when Rankin sent Swanson through to fire home with a composed finish from 12 yards.

After the restart, the impressive Swanson jinked into the Hibs box, showing some good footwork, but fired his shot straight at Stack.

Hibs continued to enjoy spells of pressure at the United end, picking up six corners in the first hour of the match but failing to captialise, while United looked the sharper side on the counter-attack.

Leigh Griffiths drilled a shot wide of the he nearside post from the edge of the United penalty area before the visitors stretched their lead.

With 68 minutes played, Daly stooped to head in a Paul Dixon cross at the back post, with the Hibs defence posted missing.

Calderwood's side looked dead and buried but hit back with two goals inside an incredible 60-second period.

Robertson could only stab a raking strike from Osborne into his own net from close range and Agogo curled a lovely finish beyond Pernis as he chased down a pass from O'Connor.

Rankin could have won the see-saw contest in the 90th minute, but Stack held his long drive well, then Victor Palsson produced a similar effort at the other end that Pernis comfortably smothered and the sides shared the points after a thrilling afternoon in the captial.

Live text commentaryexternal-link