Linfield in late League Cup escape at Ballyclare

Linfield needed a late equaliser to avoid a shock League Cup exit away to Championship side Ballyclare.

Defender William Murphy saved the Premiership champions with an 89th-minute strike which made it 4-4.

Mark McAllister and Rory Patterson scored for the Blues in extra-time.

Linfield's other goals came from a Patterson penalty, Aaron Burns and Robert Garrett while Ballyclare scored through Richard Higgins, Nicky Sharples (2) and Mark McClelland.

The Blues' narrow scrape meant all 12 Premiership sides went through from Tuesday's second round matches.

Coleraine had to wait until the 71st minute before making the breakthrough against Championship Two outfit Knockbreda Parish through Shane Jennings.

A Stephen Curley own goal and another from substitute Jennings made it 3-0 before Knockbreda goalkeeper Paul Mateer scored an 85th-minute penalty.

Kevin Braniff and Matthew Tipton scored for Portadown
Kevin Braniff and Matthew Tipton scored for Portadown against Warrenpoint

Cliftonville were also 3-1 winners as they saw off the challenge of Ards at Solitude.

Rory Donnelly, Stephen Garrett and Joe Gormley scored in the first half with Aaron McKee netting for Ards after the break.

Holders Lisburn Distillery went through 2-0 at home to Tobermore United, their goals coming in the first half from Gary Thompson and Gary Liggett.

Donegal Celtic saw off Wakehurst 4-0 with goals from Darren Murray, Thomas Lambe, Paul McVeigh and Eamonn McAllister.

Dungannon won by the same score against Loughgall, the goals coming from Stefan Lavery, Terry Fitzpatrick , a Mark Stewart OG and Shea Campbell.

Matthew Tipton netted another double as Portadown beat Warrenpoint Town 4-0 and Darragh Hannaphy netted twice in Newry City 4-2 success over Larne.

Jonathan McCaskie scored a late extra-time winner for Dergview as they beat H&W Welders 2-1 while goals from skipper Lee Patrick gave Limavady United a 2-0 win away to Ballinamallard United.

Bangor were 3-2 winners over Annagh United thanks to a late goal by Jonny Bowers.