No Boro interest in Lukas Jutkiewicz, says Tony Mowbray
Middlesbrough manager Tony Mowbray says that the club have abandoned their interest in signing Coventry City striker Lukas Jutkiewicz.
The 22-year-old was linked with a move to the Riverside prior to the close of the summer transfer window, but no deal was completed.
"It isn't something I've been chasing," Mowbray told BBC Tees.
"It's common knowledge there was discussion while the window was open, but nothing since then."
The former Swindon Town striker has hit 12 goals in 52 games for the Sky Blues following his permanent move from Everton in July 2010, including an equaliser against Boro last month.
Mowbray has been considering a number of strikers to replace Leroy Lita, who moved to Swansea for £1.75m on the eve of the 2011-12 season.
Marvin Emnes has weighed in with important goals following Lita's departure, with eight in 11 games this season.
The Dutchman remains a doubt for Wednesday night's visit of Leicester City in the Championship, but Mowbray has been impressed.
"I didn't see much of Marvin before I arrived," said Mowbray. "But he's a joy to work with.
"He's got mobility, he's got clever and fast feet with the ball, and he's scored goals. He's a big plus for us.
"Let's hope he makes it for Leicester. And, if he doesn't, I imagine Alex Tchumeni-Nimely will be waiting on an opportunity to play, so we'll wait and see."